Impact Hub Oakland is a vibrant community of socially engaged people who are committed to creating a better world. It enables purpose-driven people to grow and thrive by creating access to transformative ideas, supportive relationships, serendipitous encounters, and business expertise. It provides an on-ramp for diverse populations to incubate new mission-driven businesses, creating local jobs and global solutions. It is a place of convergence where people working to create a thriving, just and sustainable world come to co-work, co-learn and collaborate.
On evenings and weekends, Impact Hub Oakland transforms into a venue, hosting epic celebrations, conferences, performances, and mission-aligned programs. Impact Hub Oakland events are an expression of our brand and mission and are a significant support to the change-making work being done in the space during the day.
Position Title: Support Staff
Support Staff is responsible for efficient setup and breakdown of all events. During the event, Support Staff conduct walkthroughs of the facility to ensure proper maintenance and to assist event clients and the Site Manager in producing a successful event. This is an independent contractor position, with an exact number of hours per week depending on the number and duration of events produced.
This position is responsible for:
- Supporting the Site Manager in ensuring all Impact Hub Oakland events are produced seamlessly and all clients’ expectations are exceeded
- Setup and breakdown of in-house furniture requested for events, including lifting heavy, cumbersome items safely and with a sense of urgency
- Staying active and attentive throughout events, ready to accommodate unexpected needs or requests
- Resetting event space for coworking and ensuring events “leave no trace”
- Handling all furniture and AV equipment with care and making sure all equipment is returned to its proper place
- Maintaining restroom supplies during events
- Managing waste and cleaning spills that may occur during the event and placing “wet floor” signs out as needed
- Checking in/out with the Site Manager at arrival for and departure from the shift.
- Accurately clocking in at the beginning of the shift, and clocking out at the end to report hours through our scheduling platform When I Work
- Ensuring all Impact Hub Oakland clients and event guests leave with a “warm and fuzzy” feeling
- Minimum 1-year experience in events production, restaurants or hospitality
- Ability to take direction and to take initiative when appropriate
- Physically able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs for short distances
- Physically able to lift and carry large, cumbersome items
- Walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, reaching and a great deal of smiling
- Ability to work on your feet for 8 hours
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to stay calm and composed in a fast-paced and stressful environment
- Committed, reliable and punctual
- Honest, trustworthy and truthful
- Outgoing, positive, engaging and enthusiastic
- Self-starter, able to work independently and problem-solve
- Detail-oriented, efficient, and ability to multi-task
- Strong listening skills; friendly, helpful manner with clients
- Comfortable with receiving feedback
- Multicultural awareness, sensitivity, and competence in working and communicating effectively with people across lines of difference
Work Schedule & Arrangements:
- Available shifts are typically posted 2-4 weeks in advance on When I Work
- Flexibility is a bonus; some shifts will be posted within two weeks or you may be contacted to cover last-minute shifts
- Available for mandatory training and meetings
- Shifts occur primarily on weekday evenings beginning at 5 pm, and on weekends anytime
- Priority will be given to applicants who can commit to weekly Sunday morning shifts beginning at 8 am
Compensation & Benefits: This role starts at $15/hr and is an independent contractor position.
Reports to: Production Manager
How to Apply? Email resume (cover letter optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impact Hub Oakland is an equal opportunity employer and places a high value on workforce diversity. We want to have the best available person in every job. Impact Hub Oakland policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination against a person who is perceived to have any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.