Impact Hub Oakland is a vibrant community of socially engaged people who are committed to creating a better world. It enables purpose-driven people to grow and thrive by creating access to transformative ideas, supportive relationships, serendipitous encounters, and business expertise. It provides an on-ramp for diverse populations to incubate new mission-driven businesses, creating local jobs and global solutions. It is a place of convergence where people working to create a thriving, just and sustainable world come to co-work, co-learn and collaborate.
On nights and weekends, Impact Hub Oakland transforms into a venue, hosting epic celebrations, conferences, performances, and mission-aligned programs. #HubOaklandEvents are an expression of our brand and mission and are a significant support to the change-making work being done in the space during the day.
Position Title: Site Manager
The Site Manager is the day-of-show point person to the event client and leads a team in set up, breakdown, audio/visual and general venue support during events. The Site Manager oversees the success of events at Impact Hub Oakland and ensures that all Impact Hub Oakland events run smoothly, creating an exceptional experience for clients, speakers, partners, and event participants. This is a contract position. with an exact number of hours per week depending on the number and duration of events produced.
This position is responsible for:
- Ensuring all Impact Hub Oakland events are produced seamlessly and all clients’ expectations are exceeded
- Facilitating Support Staff setup and breakdown of in-house furniture requested for the event
- Facilitating basic AV Tech setup and operation of equipment including wireless mics, projector, mixer, and speakers
- Proactively looking for opportunities to support the event and send client and guests away with a “warm and fuzzy” feeling
- Being familiar with the physical space and its limitations; troubleshooting and making suggestions to the client
- Overseeing basic facility maintenance during the event, including restrooms re-stocking and waste management
- Being aware of unwanted behavior on the IHO team, addressing issues immediately when appropriate, and reporting any activity to the Production Manager
- Conducting pre- and post-event walkthroughs with event client
- Completing a Site Manager report at the end of each event
- Confirming that rooms are reset for coworking in a precise manner and that events “leave no trace”
- Being available after the day-of-show for any follow-up needed with Events Manager & Production Manager
- Collaborating with Events Manager and Production Manager when systems need improvement
- Accurately clocking in at the beginning of the shift, and clocking out at the end to report hours through our scheduling platform When I Work
- Minimum 1-year experience managing a team in events, hospitality and/or restaurants
- Proven success as a team leader; ability to prioritize tasks and delegate
- Ability to stay calm and composed in a fast-paced and stressful environment
- Comfortable enforcing policies and procedure with team members, clients and event guests
- Multicultural awareness, sensitivity, and competence in working and communicating effectively with people across lines of difference
- Physically able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs for short distances
- Walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping, reaching and a great deal of smiling
- Ability to work on your feet for 8 hours
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Committed, reliable and punctual
- Honest, trustworthy and truthful
- Outgoing, positive, engaging and enthusiastic
- Self-starter, able to work independently and problem-solve
- Detail-oriented, efficient, and ability to multi-task
- Strong listening skills; friendly, helpful manner with clients
- Comfortable with giving and receiving feedback
Work Schedule & Availability Requirements:
- Events occur on weekday evenings and weekends; occasional holidays
- Scheduled a minimum of two weeks in advance for events Monday through Sunday
- On-call for last minute bookings
- Available for mandatory training and meetings
Compensation & Benefits: This role starts at $20/hr and is an independent contractor position. Evening and weekend work required. Additional Support Staff roles may be scheduled at the rate of $15/hr.
Reports to: Events Production Manager
How to Apply? Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impact Hub Oakland is an equal opportunity employer and places a high value on workforce diversity. We want to have the best available person in every job. Impact Hub Oakland policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination against a person who is perceived to have any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.