This legal training will provide step-by-step instructions to incorporate a nonprofit in California and seek exemption under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. In particular, it will review:
- Basic legal rules governing California 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporations
- Drafting Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws
- Holding the first Board Meeting
- Funding the nonprofit
- Filing for tax exemption with the Internal Revenue Service
- Additional required filings with state agencies
- Template documents will be provided!